Saturday, May 31, 2008

And He Lived Happily Ever After...

Yeah, it sounds good to me :)

Anyway, I haven't written in a bit. Last Wednesday was my last radiation treatment, in fact my (hopefully) last cancer treatment. It felt kinda anti-climatic, at least compared to the end of chemo. Still, its good to know that when I feel better now, I'm better for GOOD.

My voice is completely gone at this point. I sound like Don Corleone whispering to avoid waking a baby or something. Also, my throat is still on fire, but that should only be for another week or so. Beyond that, I also went back out on disability - So I'll rest up this time and make sure I'm really good to go before I head back to the office. Beyond that, I have my deportation (my PowerPort people, I'm not getting sent out of the country!) sometime in June, and my first "follow-up" appointment with Dr. Szarka in July. That's just a simple checkup "How are ya" kinda visit. I'll have those (along with occasional tests) for at least the next 5 years.

Oddly enough, I'll have my first appointment with my regular doctor in June too, the last one being my cancer diagnosis. It will be damn nice to get back to stomach bug visits again :)

Anyway, I'll still post on how those appointments and tests go, just to keep this site alive if nothing else. If my travails help even one new Hodge patient get through this crap, it will be all worth it. As for me, I don't really have any life-altering plans. I have a respect for my own mortality that I didn't think I'd need, I think I'll be visiting family a bit more often that I used to, I'm being more careful about my diet, and I think I'm a bit closer to God then before. But for the most part I figure life will go on as it was before. And that's a good thing.

Cancer sucks. But I'll live.

No comments: