Sunday, May 11, 2008

Whaddaya Know -- The Buzzing Machine is Actually DOING Something...

Well, the side effects started to hit over the weekend. First of all, we have the "sore throat". Now, is it a normal sore throat? Oh no friends, we don't get that. Since I'm getting hit below the jawline, it's more of a feeling like perpetually having something stuck in your throat. Good fun, and I'm all about new and exciting experiences, oh yeah...

Next, we have the tiredness. Still not chemo tired, but I just feel like I want to lay on the couch, put something mind-numbing on TV, and have Suzanne wait on me hand and foot. Oh wait, that's everyday. Just kidding of course (as I wouldn't want Suzanne to catch on to my grand scheme for lethargy), but its getting there. Also doesn't help that I haven't had coffee yet today.

All in all, things are going well. I'm back to work, and that's been going great (although I'm already swamped with work again). The gang is doing great. Still haven't really thought about the concept of "cancer free life" yet, but I suppose someday I'll get there.

I also have a few takers (from the WebMagic boards and at the Paoli Cancer Center) for my idea of an Ativan Pez dispenser. I figure we can start the line with a giant "A" on the top of one, and maybe Cheech and Chong on the other. We can add other characters later once the product goes prime time ;-)

1 comment:

Bernadet said...

Gosh, I thought I really had something original. I thought of it while struggling with the pill cap, hard too do when your hands are shaking. I think an Ativan Pez Dispenser would be a great idea. How about a Judy Garland head...or Perry Como..