Tuesday, February 19, 2008

CLEAN!!!!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."
- Butch, "Pulp Fiction"

Can I get a HELL YEAH?

SuperOnc called this morning (as luck would have it, while I was not in range of a cell tower on the train) and left me a message - The PET is negative. We are clear of the no-good Hodge!

What does this mean? No, it doesn't mean we get to stop treatment and call it a day. PETs are hyper-sensitive; Inflammation from a cold could actually show up on these. However, a couple cells or a single one would not appear -- And it only takes one cancer cell to survive the chemical holocaust I unleased upon it to re-start this fun all over again. So, we do our last two cycles of chemo and the radition to be sure. I'm OK with that - I'd like to avoid this pleasure cruise in the future.

She also mentioned that I have some thickening of the chest wall, and that this is expected (just means my PET scans have a nice light shadow in the chest area). What she didn't mention was how far my chest mass reduced with regards to the scar tissue, but I guess we'll worry / hear about that on Thursday.

Right now, we're just enjoying the dance with NED (No Evidence of Disease in cancer parlance).

Oh, and a side note, we got a dog. Lazy bum is lying down next to me now.

3 comments:

Tony said...

Yeah, man - you can definitely get a "hell yeah" from me, but I'll throw in a "thank God" too! I'm so happy for all of you.

Tony/Ax

Dennis said...

Congratulations Steve! Enjoy the dance with NED. Remember, dogs like to dance too.

B. said...

um.

HELL YEAH!

THAT is what I'm talkin' about. I LOVE these posts, and entries in blogs.

Congratulations on NED, lovely. You and that beautiful wife of yours truly deserve it.

Tons and Tons of Love,
and Big Celebratory Hugs all around!

B