Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Counting Down to Scan Day

Well, the countdown to scan day has begun -- My echocardiogram, CT, and PET are set for next Monday. From what I've been told, Dr. Szarka isn't one to leave patients waiting in the wind for results; When she gets them, I'll get a call one way or the other.

I got pretty pissed off at work yesterday. A co-worker of mine, who knew I had cancer and was undergoing treatment, sat down right next to me in a 3 hour meeting with some rediculous kind of toss-out-a-lung cough. Seriously, he was hacking one up every 30 seconds. Now, to make matters worse, he's on my left and the projector is set up for the right - Meaning we're turned in that direction, and he's hacking down my back. Partially my fault for not saying anything, but a lot his fault for being an idiot on the subject.

What makes matters worse is if I catch something now, it could potentially appear on my PET scan due to any inflammation. What does that mean? It means I could have a Complete Response but not look like it on the scan. Grr.

What a busy two weeks at work - Not that I'm upset by that. I appreciate that my boss has me WORKING and not just giving me busy work. Hell, I'm just happy to be working (dear GOD, did I just say that???). However, I'm home today -- Neulasta is a wonderful, evil thing. Its wonderful in that it keeps my counts nice and high so I can take my train every day to work without worrying about getting hospitalized. Evil in that I get two days of really bad bone pain, which started last night. Percocet to the rescue, but I can't go to work on that stuff.

Other than being really busy, everything is same ol same ol. Sadly, I'm feeling a bit lonely since most of my family and friends stopped calling or visiting constantly (Yeah, that's right - You know who you are, guilttrip guilttrip guilttrip). If you were worried I'd be annoyed - Don't be. Give me a call, pop me an email. Speaking of, I'm adding my email to my profile, if people want to contact me with questions or info they don't want to leave as a comment.

Suzanne and I are trying to figure out what we're going to do for vacation this summer, once the evil Hodge is all dead and treatment is over. Right now, the plan is to rent a pop up and head up to Acadia National Park for a week -- We loved it with Sara 5 years ago, and we figure Steven will like it too. Of course, laying on a beach in the Carribbean wouldn't hurt either!

Any ideas for stuff with a 3 year old and a 12 year old?

1 comment:

laulausmamma said...

Hi Steve...hope you and Suzanne are planning on being part of the Boston party the end of June!!

Glad to hear your Onc is quick to call with test results...can't imagine you waiting too long for them...you'd have all your fingernails bitten down (if they aren't already!). Hope your results are great!

Susan