Friday, April 25, 2008

Tattoo Man

It was awesome, I have a trio of great, intricately designed dragon tattoos on my body now.

OK, maybe it wasn't dragons, but three blue-black dots. If you stare at them long enough, they look like dragons. Maybe you're not looking hard enough. Perhaps if you were cooler, you'd see dragons...

Today I had my simulation setup for radiation. As part of that process, you get three permanent tattoos on your midsection right above your bellybutton - One in the middle, and one to either side of your torso. The idea behind 'em is to make certain you are lined up exactly the same each time you go in for radiation treatment. In addition, they took some detailed scans of my body which my doc, techs, and the computer will map out to determine where the radiation beams will hit, and how they will setup shielding for important areas, like my heart.

I'll receive 3600 Grays over 20 days (four weeks), starting next Wednesday. What to look forward to on this one? About 6-8 weeks of flu-like fatigue, a massively bad sore throat... And the end of cancer treatment.

Sore throat... Here's hoping for an ice cream cake for my birthday in May!

No comments: