Monday, April 7, 2008

Zzzzzzzz....

Well, my last chemo definitely put me into sleep mode. For the last three days, that's pretty much all I've done. Just as an example from yesterday:
- Woke up at 11AM
- Took my meds, back to sleep by 11:25
- Woke up at 5PM
- Have dinner
- Back to sleep by 11PM

My jaw feels like how it did after my early treatments, and I'm just achy. Also, my throat feels really tight (did I mention I'm whiny?). However, it looks like we're coming out the other side of things.

On Saturday, we went to Mechanicsburg, PA (about 1 1/2 hours west) to pick up our new puppy, McKendzie. She is drop-dead gorgeous. The breeder, Jill, was outstanding and we are so thankful to her after our pet-store experience a few months ago. We owe her alot.

I'll have pictures up shortly. In the meantime, Suzanne and I are in a real bind about where we are going to go for radiation. We have such a good feel for our Paoli doctor, but obviously HUP (Penn) is such a good name.... Then there's the issue of the 9 year old equipment (which Dr. Szarka doesn't think is a big deal - While she wouldn't tell us where to go, she said that shouldn't be a factor).

My brain is still mush, but I'm hoping to return to work in a few weeks. I'll probably call the boss and let her know that's my plan if all goes well (but I want to let her know the gameplan on where I'm going for rads).

No comments: