Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two Down, Eight to Go!

Just got my scan results back -- Its CLEAN!!

Per Dr. Szarka, my CT scans came back great - I no longer have any nodes popping up in my neck (I had some scar tissue three months ago), and my mediastinal (chest) mass - Again, scar tissue - Shrunk another inch or so to 8.2cm x 5.2cm.

The PET was great too - Nothing at all, except a hotspot in my right mid abdomen. Dr. Szarka immediately cleared that up that it was DEFINITELY not lymphoma, and probably just stool or a intestinal flareup. Forgot to tell her while on the phone that I had some stress-related "issues" that morning, so her reason kinda fits like a glove.

Her word on the scans: Wonderful. I'll take that!

I see her again in June, but I won't have any follow up scans for about 5 months now (due to radiation requiring additional time to heal up). Good stuff!!!

I estimate I have another 8 scans to go in the next 5 years before I'm done and considered "cured" (although that's for all cancers; Hodgkin's usually doesn't require that long and my onc already thinks this is the case).

No comments: