Thursday, December 13, 2007

Treatment 4 - Cycle 2 Down, and a Third of the Way to the Finish Line!!!

OK, just had my next treatment. Feeling funky (as usual), and took the IV Ativan there for my stomach. Post-treatment 3 was the first time I actually experienced a little queasyness. Trying to nip that in the bud.

So, looks like the side effects were much better this time round when we actually WORKED on them, ha ha. White counts are higher than the last tx (up in the 8's), so that's good too.

Downer: I chipped the crown on my one back molar. I had a root canal a few years ago, and the crown's porcelain chipped a big chunk. Its one of the gold with porcelain over top ones, so I don't think I'm in trouble as long as the metal's on, but even so -- You can't see the metal, there's still porcelain over top.

My onc wants me going nowhere near a dentist until we're done, due to the risks of infection. As its still fully covered with porcelain, not loose, and not causing pain, I tend to agree with him.

Speaking of, Dr. Dabrow is an excellent oncologist (he's also a blood cancer guy), but he's more the research-seeming type than the teacher, which is what we love about Dr. Szarka. Then there's the jokes - I think Dr. Dabrow is definitely the straight man to Dr. Szarka's comedy routine. Still, I feel like I have some serious care at this place.

No comments: