Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Do the Bone Pain Boogie!

Hello everyone!

Sorry to (once again) be remiss in my ramblings, but the 10% dose reduction has made chemo - dare I say it - almost easy. I have one shot weekend a month, but I'm relatively back to normal by Monday after treatment.

Except for my Neulasta bone pain. Its only a day or so, but its always fun.

I got a very nice case of that today, so I'm missing my last day of Analysis Services training. Ah well, I have the book and know the product pretty well already - Should be good to go. Its nothing a few Percocet can't handle, but I'm not one to go to work (never mind drive) on that type of stuff.

Other than the training, nothing really new to report. I'm just spending the evenings watching my daughter's favorite show, American Idol (hey, the first few weeks are FUNNY), and pigging out unfortunately. One thing I'm NOT doing with cancer and chemo is dropping weight.

I've been in great spirits this week, but my onc has me a little on edge - When I mentioned last week that I was "halfway done", she hedged. Of course, its her JOB to, as they could always extend me to the max 8 cycles (16 treatments) if needed. She doesn't think that will be necessary though, but she's not going to out-and-out say I won't need it until we get our halfway scans.

Speaking of, I wouldn't mind getting those sooner than later. I want to know how this chest mass is doing (hopefully very dead), and I want those so I can start interviewing radiation oncologists about my treatment plan post-chemo.

Oh, and I forgot to mention -- Dr. Szarka did some research on that vaccine trial thingy in Baltimore. Its not a Hodgkin's specific trial, they want to see if this non-targeted vaccine creates any sort of Hodge response. So, in essence, there's really no benefit to me. That sucks, but I'm glad I know about it NOW before I let someone stick crap into me that really isn't going to help!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Hey Steve - just wanted to pop up to say, keep up the good work - you're doing brilliantly - can't believe you're on the home stretch already.........won't be long before you'll have your own 'Done with treatment' thread on the forum :0)............xx