Thursday, January 10, 2008

Treatment 6 (Cycle 3B) - HALFWAY DONE!

If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and know Earth, you may make your victory complete.
- Sun Tzu

Well, we're halfway through the hardest crap I've dealt with in my life thus far. The good news is that other than the sinus infection, this was the easiest treatment yet. None of the major symptoms, my bloodwork looks good, and all seems well.

We had another delay at treatment today - Once again, the brown bag over the dacarbazine hid a kink in the iv line, so I lost an hour while my saline flowed before it turned on an alarm. No biggie, we were out by 2PM.

As for the sinus infection, it seems the infection is now gone but the "virus" part remains (a bit of a sniffle). We have to keep an eye on things, but pretty good.

I'm friggin exhausted though, and really, really weak. Just getting up off the couch requires some effort, and that sucks. Its temporary, but this is the symptom that will get worse as we go.
We also will be looking to line up our "retests" in another month, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. Keep praying, and thanks again all of you for reading my regular rants!

2 comments:

BZ said...

Steve, Great news on your progress. The first half is the hardest - now you know everthing to expect. Take Care. Tatiana and I are praying for you. -Bill

Steve said...

Yeah, we're getting there -- Although I'd like to get my scan so I REALLY know how things are going!!