Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hakuna Matata

The dose reductions have seriously curtailed my symptoms; A lousy 10% change has made my jaw pain go away entirely, my "little c" much less, and in general this week was (gasp) easy. I'm still freaked out about the reduction, but even my wife is now rolling her eyes and telling me to take an Ativan, so I'm probably freaking over nothing.

On the other hand, I caught some sort of bug and I've been laid out sick. Here's hoping I get back to work tomorrow.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Hope you feel better soon, Steve - noticed you're not posting so often on the forum and popped by to check you were OK!! Glad to see you are and are finding side-effects easier now.........take care and give yourself and Suzanne a New Year's hug from us........x

wullieswife and timbhoy

Steve said...

Thanks Veronica! Mostly the reason I haven't been posting so much is that there's not much new to talk about, ha! The symptoms have definitely reduced somewhat; Its really just a matter of getting through to February when I get my next PET scan.

jenns said...

Hey Steve!

I read some of your post re: the reduction in chemo. I had mine reduced by 15% after the 2nd time I was hospitalized for a neupogenic fever. I was worried too but relieved that 1) I wasn't hospitalized again and 2) my hair started to grow back a little.

It's nice to see that your side effects are lessening, too!