Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Disability... Almost Made It

Well, its Tuesday, and I'm home again. So, having talked it through with Suzanne, I think I'm going to have to take disability time with only two treatments to go.
Tiredness, weakness... I was working through those. However, I think I now have "chemo brain". I thought chemo brain would be forgetfulness, etc. What I didn't expect was to feel like I'm in a fog 24/7. I can't concentrate. I can't think. Therefore, I can't get my work done.

I'm frustrated more than I've been thoughout this thing. I've managed to make it though while only requiring two weeks of FMLA time. Maybe its for the best to rest up the last four weeks, and get ready for radiation.I'm still pissed though (and not in the fun British way).

4 comments:

laulausmamma said...

Hi Steve...and Suzanne too. Rest up Steve and enjoy your time off from work. Never forget what a fighter you are...don't be so hard on yourself for feeling you need some time away from work..this too shall pass. Hey...you don't want to be too tired to party in Boston now do you!

Susan

Steve said...

Boston... Well now... Since you put it THAT way... ;-)

B. said...

Thinkin' about you and Suzanne big guy. Freakin' take some time OFF dude.

We deserve medals for this stuff we go through. I still can't believe you worked for all this time.

This is your time to heal your body, Let S and the kids treat you well. And REST. You're fighting cancer for gods sake.

Go relax lovely. I might have a few 'up' days, before I head into transplant. Was thinking maybe you me and S, and even your kids could meet up at some point. That I head down for an appointment... at Upenn one afternoon.

Shoot you an email soon.
REST!

xoxox

B

Paula said...

Hey Steve...I think I'm starting to get some chemo brain too. I'm I think three treatments behind you...but it sucks. I can't remember what I did, what I've said to people, and just generally kind of feel like I'm high all the time...which was kind of cool. At first. Take some time off and relax.. You're almost done!!!!!!!!