Friday, March 21, 2008

Treatment #11 (Cycle 6A) - And Then There Was One...

One more to go party people, one more to go. Yesterday went without any major issues. I didn't have a whole lot of questions: They knew I was going out on disability, so the tiredness, weakness, and memory issues going over into the second week was a known. I brought up the mouth sores I've had (a new one, yay for me), and we got a standard treatment and a very unstandard (but awesome one) from Dr. Dabrow (Dr. Szarka was on vacation): I have a script for "magic mouthwash" (its an oral lidocaine solution or something that will numb the mouth before I eat). The unstandard treatment is to get a football mouthpiece so the teeth don't grind on the sores - Making for little pain and quicker healing. Needless to say, we'll be trying both.

Sue and I talked, and we're going to go to HUP for radiation. While my new radiation oncologist may be Doogie Howser, MD, all reports coming in say he's a serious brain trust, and trained until Yoda (if you don't know who I'm referring to as Yoda, read my earlier post on the Rad Onc visit). He wants to see me pretty much as soon as my latest PET and CT are complete in about four weeks, so we can finalize the gameplan.

So for now, we sit and relax - Tired, weak, and ready to put this C thing waaaay behind me.

One more.

1 comment:

laulausmamma said...

Hey Steve...put your sun glasses on...you are one step away from the light at the end of the tunnel my friend!! See...we told you a few months ago that CHEMO GRADUATION DAY would be here before you knew it! Bring your camera...it's time to party : }

Boston trip is getting closer!!