Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bad Stomach, Bad

Well, maybe I spoke too soon about the good week. Yesterday, I felt great, and came home to an awesome dinner (some sort of ham cheesy macaroni bake thing), so good that I decided to have a second helping.

Bad idea.

I was doubling over with stomach pains, so it was back to the Kytril (which didn't help all that much). If it wasn't for the fact that I'm not having diarrhea, I'd have thought food poisoning (although the family didn't have any problems either). My guess is something started working or wore off from my lovely ABVD cocktail.

It continued (to a lesser extent) into Friday, and here I am Saturday morning with no real pain, just a residual ache. Maybe I ate so much I stretched my stomach (I hadn't eaten like that in a long time)? Dunno, but it sucked in any event, particularly since Friday I REALLY felt 100% with my energy levels and such -- Just the damn stomach ache to keep me down.

On a separate note, I figured I'd give some more information on my oncologist / hero at present: Christine Szarka is one of the oncology docs at the Paoli Cancer Center, which is affiliated with the Fox Chase Cancer Center (a NCI location). She was a researcher there as well, and is certified with hematology as well as oncology (so blood cancers are her thing). Besides her knowledge on the subject, the fact that whenever I've called the cancer center I've had HER call me back within an hour every time has been nothing short of amazing, particularly with what's going on. I'm being good now and bringing questions with me to our appointments, but early on she was there to help answer things as they came up. That was so critically important.

My goal now is to give her another big W to put in the win column!

No comments: