Monday, November 12, 2007

Treatment 2: That Was Easy


So yeah... About that Neupogen pain. Seems like it was for a good cause. We went in today with high hopes, and we were rewarded.

Total White Blood Cell Counts: 2.1 Friday, 27 Today
Total Neutrophil Counts: 0.3 Friday (ugh), 22 Today

Them there bones did good, give em a night off. Well, one night -- Until the Neulasta kicks in so we can avoid boy-in-the-bubble-itis again. May not work, but at that points its definite that I'm getting too much chemo and they will reduce the dose a bit (no risk, as that would confirm I really am getting too much).

Treatment 2 went well physically, and I feel better than I did after 1. However, it went a few hours extra: Apparently a kink got into the tube from the Decarbazine bag, under the nice brown bag they put it under. So, the extra bag of saline kicked in on a slow drip. An hour later, they stopped by to check and noticed the bag was still full, and the kink. I picked on my nurse (in fun) about the extra saline, peeing like a racehorse, and how I'll hold it over her. She offered me a cupcake, needless to say I told her it will take much more than that (laughing of course, as she was). The nurses at the Cancer Center are friggin awesome.

So, just a matter of waiting to see what symptoms I get this round, but so far its better than 1. We can only hope!

1 comment:

francisfantastic said...

i am so glad it went well today! now we are the same.. mine went well too and i feel much better than the first.. lets keep this good feeling going!
xo e