Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hooray for the Purple Pill!

I caved yesterday and called my oncologist, letting her know about the stomach pain I was having. Based upon my symptoms and timing, she didn't think it was the chemo, but rather gastritis or a stomach ulcer (Why, how could that be? I haven't had any stress or anything lately...). I mentioned I was on Nexium back when I was heavy, and she suggested going right back on it and avoiding acidic foods. While it wouldn't fix me right away, she said, I should start to feel better by today.

Well today is here. And I'd say I'm back to 97%!!! I'm not having stomach pain anymore; Rather, I just FEEL that my stomach is there, do you know what I mean? In any event, between that and everything else, I feel great!!! I took Nexium for years, and it was never a problem for me (its actually a very safe drug).

On the bad side, the right side of my neck "felt" weird, like it was growing. The wife doesn't think it is, so I'm probably being crazy, but I am looking forward to my next treatment (did I actually say that???).

So, here we are T minus 4 days to treatment 2. I miss the burn, and want to make more Hodge cells writhe in pain.

Well, off to watch some serious football today. Pats - Colts should be awesome, and here's hoping the Iggles can pull off an upset of the hated Dallas Cowboys. This is another sign I'm sure the Hodge won't get me -- I refuse to go out in such a horrible Eagles season.

EDIT: While the purple pill fixed my stomach, my gut has still been out of whack (however, that is more in line with what the chemo does). Oh well.

No comments: