Friday, November 9, 2007

Umm... Ow?

No joy on getting treatment today unfortunately. My neutrophils went from 0.1 to 0.3, a jump but not the 1.0 to 1.5 they want to continue. So, we got a new neupogen shot and will hope for Monday.

Speaking of neupogen, we are also waiting to see if my insurance company approves it. Not the shots in the office (which are fully approved), but the take home doses for the weekend. More doses = better odds we're getting tx 2 on Monday. At a grand a shot, I guess they need some time. On the bright side, once we get the next treatment we'll be on Neulasta, which is only a single shot.

In preparation, though, Suzanne got to give me the shot today. So my wife was legally permitted to stab me, how nice.

I want to get my next treatment as soon as possible, but a couple things are weighing on my mind. One, if I get treated next Monday, the work week will be in tatters. I need to work Tuesday for some fairly important meetings, and Wednesday will be... Well, it will be just ugly. Two, if I drop like this again, my oncologist will be forced to lower my chemo doses. Supposedly there's no risk (her point was she could treat me daily and practically guarantee killing the Hodge, but I might not care much as I'd be dead), and lots of people on the support forum have survived multi-week delays and crushed it, but I'm paranoid as usual.

Oh, and on neupogen -- It sucks. Every bone in my body aches, and I'm walking like I'm twice my age. My doc just gave me some Percocet for the weekend (wheeee!), but I'm dreading next week and the Neulasta now...

No comments: